Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

Fuel Filter Location

Old 10-05-2006, 01:33 AM
fearnone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Filter Location

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site and I have asked the question on another site and had no response so either they don't know or they are two uptight?? I have a '04 Viper SRT-10 that has sat for about 10months and I have just started driving it recently and I think I may have a plugged filter or something. Anyways up to 4800RPM it just isn;t pulling like it was and after that it seems OK but not fantastic. So I am thinking I may have some crap in the lines/plugged filter. Does anyone know where this is and not guessing please, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Old 10-05-2006, 01:59 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Filter Location

Sorry to hear about that. I do not think it will be filter related, but does not hurt to try. I assume you have drained the tank and put fresh gas in? 10 month old gas can be bad, could also have water in it, which dry gas would help to fix. Also dump some fuel cleaner in your tank. Some gas uses a wax based lubricant, which is OK for cars that are driven frequently, but for cars that sit it can clog injectors.

As for the filter location on a GEN III I searched and came up empty, even though you do not want a guess my money is in the tank knowing DC. The one way you can be sure is trace the fuel lines from the fuel rails back to the tank, no filter then it is in the tank.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Monzsta

DESCRIPTION
The fuel filter mounts inside frame rail on the drivers side of vehicle near the rear tire.
FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE
379 kpa ±34 kpa (55 psi ± 5 psi)

Old 02-19-2007, 12:47 AM
dodgeboy222
Amateur

fuel filter is located at the bottom of the fuel pump assembly, located inside fuel tank. on your model, the fuel pump is accessed through a hole that is under the carpet behine the seats, in the middle of the ridge, right behind the seats. very easy to get to. it can be messy so take care in removing it, you can spill gas very easy in the car.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Jmdiamond13
Default 2004 Dodge stratus SE 2.7l

I just replaced the engine in my car. My oil light was on 2 weeks after i bought it, and then when i would come to a red light, it would surge and end up stalling. My car sat for a week and a half and then i started it up and the engine was knocking really loud. I had to have it replaced. Since the replacement (maybe a month and a half), it has stalled twice. It does run alot better but im trying to figure out why it would be doing that. Whenever i have to stop really quick it seems to want to stall out, but doesnt. We are going to try and find the fuel filter tomorrow and see if that will help anything. I bought this car and have had it for 1 year and 2 months, and have put $5,200 into it. What a mess. Anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Filter Location