1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2001 Durango - Random Headlight Blinking

Old 10-13-2005, 03:32 PM
marty19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Durango - Random Headlight Blinking

A few weeks ago while driving to work, my gas light came on and then started randomly blinking and dinging. At the same time, my headlights and dash illumination lights started blinking.

I filled my gas tank and the gas light turned off, but the headlight blinking still remains. When they blink, I can hear a relay? clicking to the left of the steering column.

It seems to take about ten minutes of driving for the problem to develop and then the lights blink every few seconds.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marty

Old 11-23-2005, 04:00 PM
MAD R/T
Default RE: 2001 Durango - Random Headlight Blinking

The same thing happened to me 2 days ago. The headlights and dashlights started blinking lo and hi and I could hear the relay clicking too. I drove it again last nite and couldn't duplicate the problem. Did you figure out what causes this?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:33 PM
jonesdman
Angry Random Blinking Headlights

Need Help Now!!!!!!!!!!! Hello everyone lets see where do i start, last week while driving my 2001 Dodge Durango from work my headlights and interior light started to blink every few seconds. You can her a clicking sound as well. This happen any time some kind of light is on dome, headlight, fog or park lights. What in the world is going on, please I need help can't drive at night.

Last edited by jonesdman; 04-11-2009 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Need to say hello
Old 04-10-2009, 10:55 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jonesdman
Need Help Now!!!!!!!!!!!Lets see where do i start, last week while driving my 2001 Dodge Durango from work my headlights and interior light started to blink every few seconds. You can her a clicking sound as well. This happen any time some kind of light is on dome, headlight, fog or park lights. What in the world is going on, please I need help can't drive at night.

You need to give us some time to report back on this. I relize this thread is old and dead from 4 years ago but please settle down and at least say hello?

People come here to help each other out and don't get paid for it. We come in here for fun and for friends not because we have to.

This thread was started even before my time and there it has been.

Last edited by hydrashocker; 04-10-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:03 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Go to a parts place like Auto Zone and get your battery load tested.

Check the terminals and clean those things including the battery post.

If that doesn't help maybe a CTM that you could pick up and have installed and programed by the dealer.

Last but not least it very well could be the grounding between chassis and battery.

Check to make sure no water is getting in close to the CTM on the drivers side kick panel.

Last edited by hydrashocker; 04-10-2009 at 11:40 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Durango - Random Headlight Blinking