3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Any aftermarket running boards going to fit my R/T? Frustration mounting

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Brian13RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
I really, really like these. So much so that I'm sitting with them in my cart on Amazon right now. However, does anyone know if the mounting holes are the same on the 2014? I would guess that they are, but the fact that no website lists these as compatible on the 2014 has me very worried. Before I drop almost $400, I want to be sure they'll fit.

Sorry Mcfarl, I don't know if they fit the 14. I can tell u they go into existing holes so theres no drilling. I would see if dealer part number changed for mopar bars for 14, see how they mount and see if what's on mine mounts the same way. With Dee Zee u need to order boards AND vehicle specific mount kit. I wouldn't want u to get excited when the boards show up and there's no way to get them on the truck. I love having them for the look, keeping snow and rocks from kicking up. I have found myself using them (i step up into work truck too) and I dont slide on the leather getting in/out. I personally like boards on the R/T. I try to have a different look. But felt it rude if I didn't share my knowledge since more than a few are looking for options. My local shops didn't want to touch boards/tubes or my front bar. I had to do the research, order and install. The guy who did my hitch wouldn't go near the front bar because of the work involved (was afraid to damage paint) it also had like 500 miles on it.

Last edited by Brian13RT; 01-25-2014 at 07:06 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 01-27-2014, 10:55 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian13RT

Sorry Mcfarl, I don't know if they fit the 14. I can tell u they go into existing holes so theres no drilling. I would see if dealer part number changed for mopar bars for 14, see how they mount and see if what's on mine mounts the same way. With Dee Zee u need to order boards AND vehicle specific mount kit. I wouldn't want u to get excited when the boards show up and there's no way to get them on the truck. I love having them for the look, keeping snow and rocks from kicking up. I have found myself using them (i step up into work truck too) and I dont slide on the leather getting in/out. I personally like boards on the R/T. I try to have a different look. But felt it rude if I didn't share my knowledge since more than a few are looking for options. My local shops didn't want to touch boards/tubes or my front bar. I had to do the research, order and install. The guy who did my hitch wouldn't go near the front bar because of the work involved (was afraid to damage paint) it also had like 500 miles on it.
Looks like the MOPAR running boards are the same on the '13 and '14 RT. But doesn't say if they require drilling or use existing holes to mount them. Anyone know who would know such a thing? BTW, those look amazing.

Last edited by mcfarl58; 01-30-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:52 PM
Orin500XL
Captain

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
Looks like the MOPAR running boards are the same on the '13 and '14 RT. But doesn't say if they require drilling or use existing holes to mount them. Anyone know who would know such a thing?
Ask your dealer.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:43 PM
Brian13RT

I cant say for sure but I think 2014 refresh was basically bumpers, headlight, taillights, transmission, console, steering wheel and probably a few small things I am missing. I don't think they changed rocker panels or made major unibody changes. I would say call Dee Zee and ask, see if u can get under a 13 and look/take pictures, etcto compare. Find a download of install instructions with pictures or even order just mounting kit and try to install them. If they fit, take off and order boards. If not it less to return. I just ordered all of it and took gamble. I also have several friends with fabrication skills so one way or another they were going on!

Old 01-30-2014, 01:47 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Ok, don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. Downloaded the instructions for the DeeZee running boards. Going to go home tonight as there are pictures on the instructions that show the mounting holes. If everything looks good, I'll be ordering and updating everyone, hopefully with pics of the running boards successfully mounted.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:57 PM
fiercelunatic
Amateur

Hey guys , I had this problem not to long ago but i researched a nice set of boards that come with its own mounting brackets on ebay . They're flat type not like those tubular looking ones they try to sell at the dealer. Its a basic set up especially if you have your own tools.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:00 PM
fiercelunatic
Amateur

On ebay, the seller is grilles4u. 76 inch boards and the brackets are included without any need to drill or modify . Can't get any better than that. Good luck .

Old 02-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Brian13RT

so Mcfarl58 did u buy the boards?

Old 02-08-2014, 04:21 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by Brian13RT
so Mcfarl58 did u buy the boards?
Ordered, it's cold as hell here and I'm not looking forward to installing when i can't feel my fingers.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:44 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Brackets arrived yesterday. Boards tomorrow. Hopefully won't take too long to install.

Quick Reply: Any aftermarket running boards going to fit my R/T? Frustration mounting