Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Should Dodge Save the Avenger?
Yes. Keep offering the Avenger as a sporty midsized sedan.
37.50%
Yes. Keep the Avenger but make it a coupe.
25.00%
No. The Chrysler 200 is plenty. Let the Avenger go.
37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Should Dodge Save the Avenger?

Old 12-30-2013, 08:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question of the Week: Should Dodge Save the Avenger?

When the Chrysler 200 debuts next month at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show, it is expected that the Dodge Avenger will meet its demise.

Click here for a look at the rumors on the future of the Dodge Avenger.

Do you think that the Dodge brand needs the Avenger or should they just let it die and hope that prospective buyers will instead opt for the new Chrysler 200?

Attached Thumbnails Question of the Week: Should Dodge Save the Avenger?-avenger-600.jpg  

Last edited by BadStratRT; 12-30-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make the avenger a coupe.

Keep in mind, at least according to allpar, they are moving the 200 to the same CUSW platform as the Dart and Cherokee.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:24 PM
rugczar
Wink Should Dodge Save the Avenger?

In the Peoria, Il. area,Dodge Avengers are everywhere!! My wife and I both have one! 2010 & 2013. I feel that the Avenegers are priced right, have great trunk space, but most of all; It's a poor boys version of the Charger, which is the same body style.
I feel, drop the Chrysler 200. It still has the bad Sebring vibes to it and looks outdated, already. Maybe it's me, but the Avenger looks sharp and comfy. i wish the seats were a little more sporty/comfy. Maybe it's hard at that price point to have both.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:25 PM
moseleymotorsports@hotmail.com

the avenger came to be as a coupe, how and why did it evolve as a 4-door ? that's like a challenger sedan, which comes to the 4 door charger ? i haven't seen that as a coupe either. a charger was a coupe, the challenger is and was a coupe,and the avenger should stay a coupe. it's not a volare' / aspen A.K.A 200, 300...... maybe a charger 600 4 door ! or wait a second, i have 3 coupes and one 4 door.....belvedere ! maybe they should keep the coupes as coupes, and the variables as variables. instead of charger it should have been a coronet !

Old 01-17-2014, 10:47 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dodge should keep the Avenger and should be given the budget needed to give it an interior on par or better than the Fusion, Camry, Accord, etc. The 200 should be aimed more at the Regal, MKZ, and other entry level luxury sedans.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:29 AM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

I vote keep it as a coupe. The 200 as a sedan only and a Dodge version as a Stratus sedan is perfect. The Avenger and Stratus names have been thrown around on different models, its just confusing. The Avenger name sounds aggressive and should only be applied to a performance oriented coupe. The Stratus is more 'friendly' that's in line with the sedan. There HAS to be a Dodge midsize sedan, unfortunately.

But that said, I say throw down the gauntlet and make the coupe a rwd that offers some serious performance. The rumor is that an SRT version with 392 Hemi would be the SRT Cuda. Perfect. Lower end models can be the Avenger. It can start as a 3.6 V6 model in base or SXT trim, manual or automatic and a 2.4 turbo I-4 as SRT4 or R/T trim with manual trans mandatory.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Should Dodge Save the Avenger?