4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

UCONNECT problems

Old 07-25-2013, 08:58 PM
NMRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UCONNECT problems

I am running into some flaky problems with UCONNECT. I checked and I have version 13.15.4. One time the display went blank. Another time the display froze. I could not mute the volume or do anything on the touch screen. The third time the system rebooted.

After I turn the ignition button off and then back on it operates normally. Is this something that I should take in to be checked out? It does not do it every time. It has happened 3 times in the last 400 miles. It is a new 2013 RAM 1500.

Last edited by NMRam; 07-25-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Zookeeper
Amateur

Being new and since it happened more than once, I would take it in.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Dodgeboy77
Veteran

i bought a 2009 2 months ago and after i got it home for 3 days it would reboot and seize up, you couldn't use any buttons. i went to the dealer and he said they are a replacement ($600) but mine wasn't on warranty. it just started working normal 3 days later, so i would take yours in and get it replaced.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:30 AM
War Horse
All Star

They've replaced my radio (2009 RER) twice, so I'm on my third radio. Completely different radio than what you have, but I kept having similar issues.

Like Zoo said, if it's done it more than a couple of times, and since it's under warranty still, I'd take it in.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:54 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NMRam
I am running into some flaky problems with UCONNECT. I checked and I have version 13.15.4. One time the display went blank. Another time the display froze. I could not mute the volume or do anything on the touch screen. The third time the system rebooted.

After I turn the ignition button off and then back on it operates normally. Is this something that I should take in to be checked out? It does not do it every time. It has happened 3 times in the last 400 miles. It is a new 2013 RAM 1500.

NMRam,

Sorry to hear about your Uconnect concerns. Intermittent conditions are frustrating for the owner as well as the serving dealer. I would recommend reviewing with your dealer. Since it is intermittent, if the dealer is unable to pull any codes after a diagnosis the next time the symptoms you described occur and can be assessed, bring the vehicle to your closest Dodge dealer.

If you have any questions or are seeking additional assistance, please PM me and I'd be happy to help.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:54 PM
War Horse
All Star

Oh, it also helps if you can take video of what it's doing. Last time I had the radio replaced I talked with the service guy and I could tell he thought I might be exaggerating about the symptoms since they'd just replaced the radio 7 or 8 months before. I took a video with my phone the next time the radio acted up, showed it to the service guy, and his tune changed immediately.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:38 PM
NMRam
Rookie

Does UCONNECT automatically update your software? I wonder if the time when it rebooted if it had downloaded an update and installed it?

Anyways I think that I will wait and see if it occurs again. If so, I will take it in. I will also record it when it happens.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Zookeeper
Amateur

There is a software upgrade for UCONNECT. You can do it or take it in. Here is the website which tells you if you qualify and gives instructions which must be followed to the letter. Also there's a good Y-Tube video on hos to do it. I did my own upgrade.

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 PM
NMRam
Rookie

My software is up to the latest version. I had another restart today. Time to take er in for service.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:59 PM
NMRam
Rookie

I took it in today and they flashed it with Version 13.19.0. I guess 13.15.4 was not the latest version. It was the latest they had on the Uconnect site when I checked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UCONNECT problems