4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Advice please?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:29 AM
chef-j
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice please?

Hello all,

I'm new to truck period. Long story but i make it short...

I have a 2013 wrangler which has pentastar in... My jeep having tranny issue that chrysler doesn't know how to fix that problem "yet". So my dealer will help me trade in my car to other car since it is so new. Well i guess it is good thing...

Anyway... I don't do any towing or use truck for business or farm. It is just for daily. When i drive 2 dr wrangler, it feels lack of power... At least i need 4 doors since baby girl is on way So i'm thinking Hemi is right way to go.

I've been had few "go-fast" cars before wrangler. I bought wrangler because i don't want waste money on cars anymore. But now Chrysler pretty much giving me stress... It makes me think alot now that buying a car from chrysler again. Plus 4 doors with Hemi, salesman told me i will be looking at 500~550 for 72 months that's with good credit/zero down. It's little higher than what i was planning, so i might check see if they have a used one.

I want the truck that reliable, that engine can last long without giving me too much problems. Are hemi fits there? Do i need look for something if i buy used ram with Hemi (prob 2012) Am i worry too much about buying another chrysler?

I know few friends had chevy (not truck tho) they seems pretty reliable. I didn't have anyone that own dodge before and Wrangler was my first american vehicle that i bought.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you really have a need for a pick-up? It doesn't sound like it if you had a wrangler. If that is the case then the Ram will be a large waste of money. If you "don't want to waste money on cars" anymore, then look elsewhere.

Now if you don't care then the Ram is good truck, the Hemi is a proven motor, and the current model really offers some unique options that the other makes don't.

If you want power and room for family, try the Hemi Charger. Much cheaper.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:40 AM
chef-j

Originally Posted by Duso02
Do you really have a need for a pick-up? It doesn't sound like it if you had a wrangler. If that is the case then the Ram will be a large waste of money. If you "don't want to waste money on cars" anymore, then look elsewhere.

Now if you don't care then the Ram is good truck, the Hemi is a proven motor, and the current model really offers some unique options that the other makes don't.

If you want power and room for family, try the Hemi Charger. Much cheaper.
Yes you are right about i don't really need truck yet. But I don't want a sedan or small cars anymore, that is biggest reason i'm thinking about Ram. Plus maybe 2~3 yrs later, i will be looking to open a small restaurant... Idk if i like other SUV that they have at dealer...

Good to hear that Ram is good truck and Hemi is proven motor. I spent some time on research last night and sounds like it is.

Let me fix about "waste money on cars". That meant by not doing crazy modifi the car things like forced induction. Is there any other reason why you said about Ram is large wasting money expect truck price and gas $? Are their maint cost way too much? or?

I like to learn much as i can.

Thanks

Old 05-19-2013, 10:45 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chef-j
Yes you are right about i don't really need truck yet. But I don't want a sedan or small cars anymore, that is biggest reason i'm thinking about Ram. Plus maybe 2~3 yrs later, i will be looking to open a small restaurant... Idk if i like other SUV that they have at dealer...

Good to hear that Ram is good truck and Hemi is proven motor. I spent some time on research last night and sounds like it is.

Let me fix about "waste money on cars". That meant by not doing crazy modifi the car things like forced induction. Is there any other reason why you said about Ram is large wasting money expect truck price and gas $? Are their maint cost way too much? or?

I like to learn much as i can.

Thanks
You will be paying for a lot of unnecessary fuel and if you don't need a truck you could buy a much nicer car for the money.
You can buy an E class Mercedes for what a crew cab ram costs.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cost is high for the initial purchase and the fuel.

Exactly what oldjeep said. If you take the same money a truck costs and purchase a car you can have one hell of a car.

If you are going to open your own restaurant, then money will matter. Honestly? I'd buy a mini-van. Less expensive, more practical use, better mileage, etc. etc. I rented a town-n-country for a business trip and it was great. Comfortable, easy to drive, good mileage, plenty of room, etc.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:22 AM
chef-j

Originally Posted by oldjeep
You will be paying for a lot of unnecessary fuel and if you don't need a truck you could buy a much nicer car for the money.
You can buy an E class Mercedes for what a crew cab ram costs.
Not that really if add up insurance and maint cost on that E class.
But ive read that some of you guys go 350~400 milies with full tank no?

Ive been look thru their web used section, and they actually dont have that many luxury line.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:27 AM
chef-j

Originally Posted by Duso02
If you are going to open your own restaurant, then money will matter. Honestly? I'd buy a mini-van. Less expensive, more practical use, better mileage, etc. etc. I rented a town-n-country for a business trip and it was great. Comfortable, easy to drive, good mileage, plenty of room, etc.
Yep you are right. i gotta rethink about again.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:00 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chef-j
Not that really if add up insurance and maint cost on that E class.
But ive read that some of you guys go 350~400 milies with full tank no?

Ive been look thru their web used section, and they actually dont have that many luxury line.
Sure - we can go 350 - 400 on 26 gallons of gas

The minivan is definitely a better idea in terms of economy and utility.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:33 PM
NoMoreGMsForMe
Professional

My buddy went from a Chevy Cruz to a Dodge Journey and absolutely loves it , and he is a retired GM man.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:00 PM
chef-j

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Sure - we can go 350 - 400 on 26 gallons of gas

The minivan is definitely a better idea in terms of economy and utility.
That's pretty close to Mitsubishi evo that i had...Evo went little over 200 milies on 14 gallon tank and that crap must have premium!!! lol

Minivan...Idk if i see myself in minivan "YET"....That's Sad but it also part of what you guys saying is true... Stupid wrangler.

Quick Reply: Advice please?