3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram Immobilizer and Auto Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 08:09 PM
jparker9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Ram Immobilizer and Auto Start

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 ST. Since it does not have the sentry system I cannot install a factory remote starter system. Im forced to use an aftermarket system. I currently purchased a prostart system and I have a general idea how to install it in the mux system. (Thanks to 12Volt.com)

My question is do I still have to install an immobilizer bypass module or can I tape a programmed key to under my steering column and just use a blank key to put in the ignition?.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:46 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site. I have a Clifford 50.7x on mine I installed myself with all the add-ons and remote start/ignition kill.

Its not hard but take your time and test EVERY wire before you cut it to make sure it is the right one AND afterwards to make sure everything works right.

After market over OEM any day of the week

Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 PM
jparker9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update to my own post.

All 2008 Dodge Rams have the sentry system. What it lacks for the factory system is the keyless entry. Yes, I need an immobilizer bypass. The aftermarket prostart system will work fine.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jparker9
Update to my own post.

All 2008 Dodge Rams have the sentry system. What it lacks for the factory system is the keyless entry. Yes, I need an immobilizer bypass. The aftermarket prostart system will work fine.

I was about to chime in and say just that, you might also need an additional Relay depending on how many circuits the diagrams shows as starter circuits... so head down to a local Best Buy with an Install Bay for car electronics, and they can tell you exactly what you will need as far as parts go.

Also I HIGHLY suggest an ignition immobilizer bypass that requires a physical key connection, instead of a "programmed" connection as sometimes the fully electronic ones lose their programming, and then your truck wont start. (I suggest the 556UW)

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram Immobilizer and Auto Start