3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 Ram Front drive shaft cv joint replacement

Old 07-07-2012, 11:48 AM
mrbscott19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Ram Front drive shaft cv joint replacement

Hey everyone I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to remove the cv joint near the transfer case on my front drive shaft? The joint needs replaced rather badly but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how to get the bad one off. The drive shaft is off and sitting in my living room. Can anyone help?

Attached Thumbnails 03 Ram Front drive shaft cv joint replacement-imag0169.jpg  
Old 07-09-2012, 04:17 AM
abarmby
Champion

I know this is for a Ford Taurus but, pulling out the outer CV joint from the hub is exactly the same as our Dodge and particularly look at the "pry bar method" of removing the inner drive shaft from out of the transfer case. This is the same as our Ram 1500's.
Hope this link helps?
Al.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Originally Posted by mrbscott19
Hey everyone I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to remove the cv joint near the transfer case on my front drive shaft? The joint needs replaced rather badly but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how to get the bad one off. The drive shaft is off and sitting in my living room. Can anyone help?
The boot on mine has been shot for years and I haven't had an issue yet, know it's coming but don't know when lol. They sell a rebuild kit, but I'm swaying more toward getting a whole new front shaft. Search around the forum, I remember seeing a thread where a guy did one of the replacement kits and had a bunch of pictures of the process.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Originally Posted by abarmby
I know this is for a Ford Taurus but, pulling out the outer CV joint from the hub is exactly the same as our Dodge and particularly look at the "pry bar method" of removing the inner drive shaft from out of the transfer case. This is the same as our Ram 1500's.
Hope this link helps?
Al.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dG1G...feature=relmfu
That's for his drive axle, I think he's inquiring about his propeller shaft.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 03 Ram Front drive shaft cv joint replacement