2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

130S/RES new radio

Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Kiefdaddy89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 130S/RES new radio

So i just got my new radio, its a 130S/RES that has the uConnect module in and everything. So far i really like the features and everything. But the only problem i have is that i cant control my iPod with my voice...and i think its because when i bought the avenger, it never came with a USB port. When i got this new radio, i thought they would somehow incorporate a port where there should be one, but they didnt. Is there anything i can do so that i can get my iPod to register and be recognized by the Uconnect so that i can tell it wheich song to play and such. Thanks again guys

Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, you can have them get you the ipod / usb cable that will be mounted in the glovebox PN 82212160. It is an optional cable with the MOPAR kit. About $35. Kind of surprised they wouldn't have thrown it in your deal.

Originally Posted by Kiefdaddy89
So i just got my new radio, its a 130S/RES that has the uConnect module in and everything. So far i really like the features and everything. But the only problem i have is that i cant control my iPod with my voice...and i think its because when i bought the avenger, it never came with a USB port. When i got this new radio, i thought they would somehow incorporate a port where there should be one, but they didnt. Is there anything i can do so that i can get my iPod to register and be recognized by the Uconnect so that i can tell it wheich song to play and such. Thanks again guys

Old 04-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Kiefdaddy89

Hey X, hows it going? Thanks for all your help lately

Alright ill have to ask him about it then, yeah iwas kinda shocked too when i got home i was looking for it, but i guess i should have asked him right off the bat when i picked the darn thing up lol.

Thanks again X

Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Hello Kd, Going well. Thanks for asking.

yeah, but how many times are we just stoked that we got a new toy and just start playing with it and don't think of things until that part of playing comes up.
Kind of like being in a meeting, when I'm asked if I have any questions, I always say "well not right now but as soon as I start to drive away, I will".

Hey X, hows it going? Thanks for all your help lately

Alright ill have to ask him about it then, yeah iwas kinda shocked too when i got home i was looking for it, but i guess i should have asked him right off the bat when i picked the darn thing up lol.

Thanks again X

Old 04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Kiefdaddy89

Haha. You got that right.

Well i just emailed him asking a few question about it. One was regarding the whole USB connection port. Another was about the Sirius Satalite Antenna. When i started the car, and he was there with me, we tried the Sirius button but apparently it didnt come with a Sirius compatablie attena, so he told me he was going to look into that and see what we can do about it the day i picked it up. I dont know if he will give the attena to me for free, and i have no idea what the cost of it would be. I know i probably wont go and subscribe to Sirius, but he gave me a years free worth of it, so id like to enjoy at least some of it haha. If the attena is too much, i might as well forget about it, if im not even going to purchase the subscription.

Another question in the email was about adding the Uconnect Voice Command Button, and Voice Command Call button to my steering wheel as well. The Avenger when i bought it has spaces open for said keys to be installed, but i didnt know how much time and what the cost would be to have those buttons installed onto my steering wheel.

Hopefully ill hear back from him soon, unless you have any answers regarding any of said questions haha.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 AM
xsdbs
Captain

KD,
I would guess the ant & lead cable will be around $100. I have also heard that Chrysler had gone to only 1 main IP harness (dash harness) To keep from having misbuilds and also To cut down on cost with several different harnesses. A tech would be able to look at the schematics to see if the connector @ the clockspring & IP harness are populated (which I think they may be). If so then you should be able to plug in and mount the switch to the steeringwheel.
Boy they really just gave you an incomplete system, didn't they.

Haha. You got that right.

Well i just emailed him asking a few question about it. One was regarding the whole USB connection port. Another was about the Sirius Satalite Antenna. When i started the car, and he was there with me, we tried the Sirius button but apparently it didnt come with a Sirius compatablie attena, so he told me he was going to look into that and see what we can do about it the day i picked it up. I dont know if he will give the attena to me for free, and i have no idea what the cost of it would be. I know i probably wont go and subscribe to Sirius, but he gave me a years free worth of it, so id like to enjoy at least some of it haha. If the attena is too much, i might as well forget about it, if im not even going to purchase the subscription.

Another question in the email was about adding the Uconnect Voice Command Button, and Voice Command Call button to my steering wheel as well. The Avenger when i bought it has spaces open for said keys to be installed, but i didnt know how much time and what the cost would be to have those buttons installed onto my steering wheel.

Hopefully ill hear back from him soon, unless you have any answers regarding any of said questions haha.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Kiefdaddy89

Alright, he got back to me on the questions i had for him. He told me the Satalite Attenae would be free of charge to install and such, so that takes care of that and Sirius.

The USB cord, he told me, they would be able to do that as well, but i didnt know that if and when i do get that USB thing installed through the glove box and such...would i be able to control that with my voice through the radio voice command? Would they have to reprogram the radio so that it has that option available when its going through the list of commands i can tell it to do, because right now, when i hit that voice command button, it doesnt say an option for USB at all. My friends 2010 Focus has it so that whenever his iPod is hooked up through the USB, he can tell his car, through voice, which song he wants played and such. Will that work with this USB cord???

Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Kiefdaddy89

Alright, he got back to me on the questions i had for him. He told me the Satalite Attenae would be free of charge to install and such, so that takes care of that and Sirius.

The USB cord, he told me, they would be able to do that as well, but i didnt know that if and when i do get that USB thing installed through the glove box and such...would i be able to control that with my voice through the radio voice command? Would they have to reprogram the radio so that it has that option available when its going through the list of commands i can tell it to do, because right now, when i hit that voice command button, it doesnt say an option for USB at all. My friends 2010 Focus has it so that whenever his iPod is hooked up through the USB, he can tell his car, through voice, which song he wants played and such. Will that work with this USB cord???

*EDIT*
Yeah he told me that the buttons on the radio, they wouldnt be able to do that for me because they would have to change the whole factory wire harness, and he told me "you dont want to know how much that would cost." He also said that's the one feature that would've needed to be from the factory, since it encompasses the entire harness up through the steering column and such.

I guess i could live without the buttons on the radio( although they would be nice and everything) but the only thing i want to know now is with that USB cord, if i will be able to use it through my voice command feauture, as in like telling it which song to play and stuff like that.

Thanks again, you know it was funny that the posts we made were right on the same time.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Kiefdaddy89

Well, now hes saying that with that USB cord, i wont be able to voice command it if i had my iPod hooked up to it. I dont really trust his word though because so far, he has told me hes not the best with technology.

Depending on your answer X, ill probably go ahead with it, since it seems like you know what your talking about

Old 04-28-2012, 08:27 AM
xsdbs
Captain

KD, that is kind of funny that our postings above were at the same time. We here are a couple of points:
1) Glad that they are going to take care of you and the rest of the system.
2) Adding the cable will give you the voice commands and they won't have to do any programming to the radio. You will be able to command things like "play artist Pink Floyd, "play album The Wall", play track wish you were here", List artist, List tracks, List podcasts, list playlist etc. Also the radio preset buttons (1-4) will contain features (artist, album, etc), you'll press on of the buttons and then use the tuning **** to scroll thru the list.
3) This is interesting that he says they'd have to change the whole IP harness. I would like to see the Schematics of the entertainment system on your vehicle. They should be able to give you a copy of it if you asked for it. The reason is, I spoke to the Audio Line engineer at the Dodge Ram plant and he said that the first built Rams didn't have the steering wheel buttons but when the 2012.5 vehicles started to be built, they are using the same harness as before, same clockspring, same steering wheel but only added the buttons. Now in the plant the vehicle TPIM is programmed as the vehicle goes thru the End of line testing. So it is possible that they would need to program the vehicle for the code needed for steering wheel controls. But that is a piece of cake.
Hope this helps.

Well, now hes saying that with that USB cord, i wont be able to voice command it if i had my iPod hooked up to it. I dont really trust his word though because so far, he has told me hes not the best with technology.

Depending on your answer X, ill probably go ahead with it, since it seems like you know what your talking about

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 130S/RES new radio