4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Dodge Ram 1500 Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Passenger Door Heated Mirror Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 12:55 PM
joker055
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Passenger Door Heated Mirror Not Working

So despite a weak winter we finally got some ice/frost bad enough I had to use my defroster and heated mirrors. That's when I noticed that my passenger side mirrior was no long defrosting.

Anyone else had this problem come up? Cost of dealer to fix and/or do it yourself? Instructions would be great as I have no idea how to take mirror apart.

Thanks guys!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That happened to me before but luckily my truck was still under warranty. I brought the truck in and it was fixed at no charge. Other than that I can't help you, maybe bring it in and see what the dealer says, and get a quote for a new part. If you do a search on this forum I know for a fact there's a really good DIY on out to take the mirror apart. Good luck

Old 02-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The mirror glass part can be removed fairly easily but you must be careful. Two weeks ago, my wife came home and said she needed to show me something with the truck's passenger mirror. The mirror glass had gotten loose and was just hanging by the electrical wires. I don't know how it happened. The bottom of the mirror has two tabs that fit into small openings on the bottom of the the electric mechanism that turns it, the top has two snaps with little tabs that snap into to openings on the mechanism, the defroster is a heating wire connected to two wires coming from inside the door. I centered the moving mechanism, put the mirror's bottom tabs in at the bottom of the moving mechanism, aligned that upper snaps with the openings and pushed till I heard a snap.

I think if you wanted to remove the old glass, use two pieces of wood like paint stirrers and insert them at the top of the Glass about 1 inch from the corners and gently force the snaps to pop out. Reverse the process for installation. I think once you remove the glass you can test it and make sure it's the heating wire before replacing it.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Hop
Professional

Did you ever get this fixed? Mines been doing this since last year, but I let it slide all summer long. Now to get it fixed out of the 3/36 I need to pay $100 deductible.
The drivers side works fine. So I doubt it's anything in the wiring? I thought maybe a plug or something on the passenger side came undone or something? Maybe a fuse-able link somewhere??

Old 01-04-2013, 10:38 AM
joker055
Amateur

Actually no, and now that winter is back i'm starting to think about this again. I'm guessing since this thread didn't get many hits it's pretty uncommon. If I ever get around to fixing or having the dealer do it I'll post an update.

Quick Reply: Passenger Door Heated Mirror Not Working