1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

error code no bus?

Old 03-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Ed Mason
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default error code no bus?

I have a 2003 Durango, just took a dump. Won't start. As soon as ig.switch is turned on and try to start trans selector on instrument cluster switches down the line from P, R, D, 2, 1 over and over and then shows no bus error code. Tried to reset computer by disconnecting bat. Checked connectors on computer, unplugged and replugged in. Don't have a clue what to do. New member.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No Bus is the main PCM (computer) not being able to communicate to the system.

1) Check connections to the PCM throughly AFTER disconnecting the battery
2) Clean connections to the PCM and reconnect throughly
3) Reset PCM
4) Reattach battery

Generally if that doesn't fix it, replace the PCM. It is toast.

IndyDurango

Old 03-20-2011, 05:36 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I would try unplugging the crank sensor and see if the no bus is gone. If the engine is a 4.7L, try starting engine it will start with the cam sensor. Won't run very well but will start.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"No bus" basically means your PCM is probably toast as suggested. If your cluster is showing the message it means it's not seeing or communicating on the CCD bus, which comes from your PCM.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:21 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a half echo in here.

There is a half echo in here.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Ed Mason
Default no bus STILL

After installing new (reman) pcm still have no bus code. 2003 Durango with 4.7 engine. When key is turned on to start, trans selector indicator goes through positions over and over then engine light comes on and then no bus code at odometer. Also still shows original mileage as I used a rounded off mileage 252 miles lower than original. 123,252 old, 123,000 to the remanufacterer. Have already disconnected crank and cam sensors, nothing.
Does difference in mileage affect the outcome. What the heck.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:35 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Here is what you need to do. Start unplugging sensors one at a time. Start with the trans controller,then the ABS,TPS, Don't disconnect both cam and crank sensors at the same time. The last sensor you want to unplug is the cluster. NO BUS means a module or sensor is taking the down bus circuit and will not allow commuications with other modules.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After you do what mastertech said and if it didn't fix the problem, last is the cluster. Your cluster might be bad then if the PCM didn't fix it. Or a wiring issue. Does your D start now with the new PCM? Your mileage getting programed into it wrong I don't think would have anything to do with it, I heard the PCM compares it's miles to the clusters and uses the highest one. Do the cluster self-test, just hold down the trip reset button and while holding it down turn the key to on and the odometer display should show you some 3 digit 900s codes that might help pinpoint the problem.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

we also had this solve the problem not too long ago

Originally Posted by Winsok
Wow, so my wife has been royally pissed cause i couldn't figure this out and she just thinks i messed it up cause i was "screwing around with something that i shouldn't be"

But i think i fixed it, it was just a fuse lol, trans pos ind fuse. I havnt got to drive it, but at least when i turn it on now, all the gauges are normal, there is no more no bus on the odomotor, like i said havnt gotten to drive it yet, but hopefully this solved the problem, cause everything seems to be acting normal.

read the whole thread here

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...-bus-help.html

Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Ed Mason
Default No bus ongoing can't fix

OK, Tried: disconnecting trans controller, ABS, TPS, and then instrument cluster, still NO BUS. At a loss on what to do. Won't start, never would after NO BUS. Checked all fuses-good. Did the hold the trip odo and start, showed codes 920, 921, 960, and held on 999 until I shut the key off. Vehicle is parked where it wouldn't start in a pile of gravel, so I can't move the stupid thing. Darn thing has too many wires to trace, can't afford to take to a shop. Vehicle has been good until now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: error code no bus?