Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

07' Caravan SE heat not working.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:49 PM
TDonovan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 07' Caravan SE heat not working.

Recently the heat stopped working on my van. I followed the troublshooting from the Haynes guide. Replaced the thermostat and replaced the coolant. Before I took a garden hose and ran water through the heater core to check for a blockage, there was none. I am at a loss as to what else to check. On a side note the battery was replaced just a few days before the heat failed. Not sure if that's connected. Any suggestions?

Old 11-21-2010, 11:53 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
First i would be sure the cooling system is full and put the cap back on. Make sure the over flow bottle is filled the the top full mark. Then drive the van with the heater on high temp and low fan. This will help to bleed any air that is in the system. When do get heat coming out of the vents, with engine still running.Remove the cap carefully and fill the rest of the system if needed.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:51 AM
TDonovan

I did as you said. Drove it around again after topping off the coolant and still wasn't getting any heat. Could the water pump need replacing? I haven't noticed any odd noises coming from the engine as if the bearing on the pump has failed.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:08 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

It very well could be the water pump.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 AM
jumpdrive2
Rookie

Are the hoses going into the heating coil getting hot? What is your temp gauge showing? Your blend door could be broken/stuck.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:11 AM
evalsmom
Default Same problem here

I am having the same problem with my 04 model. The thing is that I am not very experienced with automechanics and I am having to take my vehicle to a shop for every repair. I have deduced that it is not the heater core(I dont have antifreeze leaking in my floor boards) and people have told me different things. The tester at autozone said that my Ambient air temp sensor is out, but I dont have a temp gauge inside my van that tells me the outside temperature. I have had my radiator, intake manifold gasket, and a gasket leaking transmission fluid replaced in the past four months, among other things like brake pads etc. This is just driving me crazy because my heater was just fine last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated because it costs over 70 dollars to put it on a diagnostics machine.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:20 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Welcome to DF
Do you know all the water hose's are getting hot?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:30 AM
evalsmom

Thank you. As in the water hoses, I am not sure if they getting hot. Honestly I have no idea where they are located. I am learning as I go with my repairs. haha

Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 AM
jumpdrive2
Rookie

Assuming you have a 3.3 engine check the two hoses highlighted in yellow

Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
evalsmom
Talking

Thank you for that diagram. I am going to see if they are getting hot. I just would like to find out the problem and look up prices to get the problem taken care of before I take it to the shop. Its getting cold out there and the heater is something that needs to be fixed immediately. So anyway, I am very thankful for all the help!

Quick Reply: 07' Caravan SE heat not working.