3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:21 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

How to program garage door opener?

Old 06-05-2005, 05:21 AM
akpilot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to program garage door opener?

I have a 03 1500 with the overhead console. I want to program the buttons to open my garage door, but I dont have my owners manual. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:01 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: How to program garage door opener?

Dude you owe me big time as I am soaked after running out to the truck while it was downpouring.

1. Press and hold the outer two HomeLink buttons and release only when the indicator light begins to flash. DO NOT hold the buttons longer than 30 seconds and DO NOT repeat step 1 to program a second/third hand held transmitter to the remaining two HomeLink buttons.

2. Position the end of your hand-held transmitter 1-3inches away from the HomeLink buttons while keeping the indicator light in view.

3.Simultaneously press and hold down both the HomeLink button that you want to train and the hand-held transmitter buttons. DO NOT RELEASE THE BUTTONS UNTIL STEP 4 HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

4. The HomeLink indicator light will flash slowly then rapidly after HomeLink succussfully recieves the frequency signal from the hand-held transmitter. Release both buttons after the indicator light changes from a slow to rapid flash.

5. Press and hold the just trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light. If the indicator light STAYS ON CONSTANTLY, PROGRAMMING IS COMPLETE, and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released. If th eindicator light BLINKS RAPIDLY FOR 2 SECONDS AND THEN TURNS TO A CONSTANT LIGHT, CONTINUE WITH STEPS 6-8.

6. At the garage door opener reciever (motor head unit) in the garage, locate the learn or smart button. This can usually be found where the hanging wire antenna wire is attatched to the head unit.

7. Firmly press and release the learn or smart button. Note: There are 30 seconds in which to initiate step 8.

8. Return to the vehicle and firmly PRESS, HOLD FOR 2 SECONDS AND RELEASE the programmed HomeLink button. Repeat the "PRESS/HOLD/RELEASE" sequence a second time, and, depending on the brand of the garage door opener (or other rolling code equipped device) repeat this sequence a third time to complete the programming. homeLink should now activate your rolling code equipped device.

Note: To program the remaining HomeLink buttons, BEGIN WITH STEP 2. DO NOT REPEAT STEP 1.

Note to Moderator: You should set up a file for this stuff along with others such as Engine codes and what not.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:02 PM
akpilot

Thanks a bunch, ill give it a whirl.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:07 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: osteodoc08

Dude you owe me big time as I am soaked after running out to the truck while it was downpouring.

1. Press and hold the outer two HomeLink buttons and release only when the indicator light begins to flash. DO NOT hold the buttons longer than 30 seconds and DO NOT repeat step 1 to program a second/third hand held transmitter to the remaining two HomeLink buttons.

2. Position the end of your hand-held transmitter 1-3inches away from the HomeLink buttons while keeping the indicator light in view.

3.Simultaneously press and hold down both the HomeLink button that you want to train and the hand-held transmitter buttons. DO NOT RELEASE THE BUTTONS UNTIL STEP 4 HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

4. The HomeLink indicator light will flash slowly then rapidly after HomeLink succussfully recieves the frequency signal from the hand-held transmitter. Release both buttons after the indicator light changes from a slow to rapid flash.

5. Press and hold the just trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light. If the indicator light STAYS ON CONSTANTLY, PROGRAMMING IS COMPLETE, and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released. If th eindicator light BLINKS RAPIDLY FOR 2 SECONDS AND THEN TURNS TO A CONSTANT LIGHT, CONTINUE WITH STEPS 6-8.

6. At the garage door opener reciever (motor head unit) in the garage, locate the learn or smart button. This can usually be found where the hanging wire antenna wire is attatched to the head unit.

7. Firmly press and release the learn or smart button. Note: There are 30 seconds in which to initiate step 8.

8. Return to the vehicle and firmly PRESS, HOLD FOR 2 SECONDS AND RELEASE the programmed HomeLink button. Repeat the "PRESS/HOLD/RELEASE" sequence a second time, and, depending on the brand of the garage door opener (or other rolling code equipped device) repeat this sequence a third time to complete the programming. homeLink should now activate your rolling code equipped device.

Note: To program the remaining HomeLink buttons, BEGIN WITH STEP 2. DO NOT REPEAT STEP 1.

Note to Moderator: You should set up a file for this stuff along with others such as Engine codes and what not.
Great idea, but I think there was some concern about the copyrights or something. that's why we don't have the Manuals posted as some sites do. The engine codes are available as a FAQ in the General tech section.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:45 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Good call, but why would DC want to "pick on" someone who supports thier products. It's not like we are selling burned CD's on E-bay. Oh well. Gotta be PC with DC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to program garage door opener?