Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Driver Floor is wet

Old 07-22-2010, 12:57 AM
DodgeGirl84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Floor is wet

For the last month and a half, the driver's slide floorboard had been getting SOAKED. At first, I thought it was because I left the windows down, but I haven't since.

I ran it through the wash, and didn't see any leaks in the seals. I just vacuumed up the water as often as possible.

On Thursday of last week, I had the AC drain blown out quickly, and the leak stopped. I thought this was great, and was happy. The floor was bone dry!

Friday, after work, the floorboard on the driver's side was again wet. Sopping.

I had it blown out Tuesday, again...and more throughly this time. Floor was wet when I picked it up, but not damp or overly wet.

By the time I made it home today, the floorboard was soaked again. I'm going to check it in the morning and see if it's sopping wet again. If it is...then what?

Now the car is 10 years old, and I know the AC's compressor or condenser may be on the way out, but if I've already blown the AC drain, what could this possibly be?

Old 07-22-2010, 05:08 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Heater core. is it water or coolant?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:58 AM
DodgeGirl84

it's water... and the floor is SOPPING wet again today.

I honestly don't know if it's the heater core. It doesn't smell sweet or anything like what would leak from that.

At this point...I'm sure it's water, but the floor has been so soaked it smells like mildewed socks.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:58 PM
qckslvrguyinkc

I'm guessing that your A/C drain is clogged, because mine's doing the same thing (except on the passenger side) and I haven't had a chance to fix it yet.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:54 AM
mthwgrn

When I bought my stratus a few weeks ago the floor was pretty wet, so I let it dry. Today I noticed it wet again after it stayed dry for the past two weeks.

If anyone knows could you please tell me, if the heater core is blown, will the AC work? Will the heat work? Also, how do you blow the A/C drain. It seems that since I ran the A/C a lot yesterday that may have done it. It's 100% water.

If the heater core goes, if I don't decide to replace it (I know, I won't have heat or A/C right?) but what else could go wrong with the vehicle?

Thank you!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:28 AM
DodgeGirl84

Okay, so after a year, I finally had the thing fixed.

The drain for the AC is on the Driver's side of the car. Unlike EVERY OTHER car on the planet, my drain just happens to be on the driver's side...right up against the sub-frame. Not only that, the hose that was sticking out was half an inch to an inch shorter than normal.

The problem became a large issue when the water backed up to the point it was rusting out below the steering column.

Fix: Added an extender hose/elbow piece to the drain hose and had it pointed down ward. It's been since Friday of last week, car is bone dry. Four hours of work because the frame is right up against the hose and the hose is shorter than normal.

>.<

Now on to fix the Windshield Wiper Switch...which is stuck as of today.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver Floor is wet