Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Journey - Change oil light on

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:37 PM
slotcar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Journey - Change oil light on

I have a 2 month old 2010 Journey with 2500 miles. Yesterday the change oil light (below the odometer) came on. The oil level is ok and the oil looks clean on the dipstick. Any ideas out there as to the cause?

Old 07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The vehicle's computors determine by your driving habits and by temp, lenght of drive's, etc. when you should have your oil changed. It doesn't mean you have to have your oil changed but it recommends it. You can reset the light by turning the ignition to on and pressing the accelerator to the floor 3 times in ten seconds and then turning the ignition to off. That will reset the counter to 0 and it will illuminate the next time it thinks you need an oil change.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 AM
slotcar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tizzy, I reset the warning light and did not change the oil. The day the light came on the temp here was in the high 90's so maybe that was the cause. And how do they come up with these procedures for resetting the warning lights , it works but pumping the gas peddle three times sounds kinda crazy.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have to make it easy so the aftermarket can reset them. I think GM started with the gas pedal 3 times and we just copied them to kind of keep it the same.

Quick Reply: Journey - Change oil light on