4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mufflex DOD14M Review

Old 06-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Psycareyo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't weld it it. If you weld it, you just threw your money out the window. Mufflex's claim to fame is the ease of install. Install it yourself with some hand tools. Then, find a way to get it on a lift, and use an impact to send it all home. There is just no way you can do a tight, quality install with a wrench on something like this. You really need the torque from the impact to secure it. Hit it again after a few thousand miles or when (if) you hear a leak.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:48 AM
WHaLLeYDeeZ

good thing i work at a shop then. haha

Old 06-19-2010, 11:25 AM
kddsRam
Veteran

One more hit on this thread since some are taking this retro kit to an exhaust shop, the mufflex is such a simple 'do it yourself' install. Just take 1 minute to cut a slit on the opposite side of the one it comes with on the inlet and both outlets before you start. Then align each clamp up with the end of the extenders to the factory pipes before you tighten them up. No need to crank the clamps on, they crimp down real nice with this extra slit ( about the width of two jig saw blades ). Have had mine on now for about 15k, no leaks at all. Quick easy install and the tails line up perfectly in the bumper cutouts. Get it welded if you must but this is one of the simplest mods I have ever done here, faster than an intake swap or the grill swap and plenty of room to work under the truck. A helper will keep you from banging the tips around and they can hold them perfectly straight when reinstalling the tails.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:15 PM
WHaLLeYDeeZ

to bad you dont have pics

Old 05-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Method602

Will this kit fit on a 2012?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mufflex DOD14M Review