Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

96 transmission cooler line replacement and some odds and ends

Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 AM
t-dat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 transmission cooler line replacement and some odds and ends

first let me say hi to everyone on this forum. i recently bought a 96 ram van b2500 paid 1200 for it has 6584o miles and some issuse but first can anyone help find a transmission cooler line and how hard is it to install. the next one is the engine light in compartment stays on unless i unplug it were to start looking for the problem.

Attached Thumbnails 96 transmission cooler line replacement and some odds and ends-van.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010, 02:25 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Check the dealer for the cooling line and maybe you can get the preformed one. If not, go to an auto parts store with the old one and match up the length, diameter, and fitting size. You will have to bend it yourself so buy a bending tool to prevent kinking it. If it is too long, you can put a few extra bends in it to take up the slack, or get a cutting and flaring kit if you'd rather shorten it.

For the CEL (Check Engine Light) you will need to plug in a code reader and retrieve the codes to know why the light is on. Autozone does this for free in most locations.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the under hood engine inspection lamp the switch in the lamp housing is bad. I would just install a switch that you can turn on when you need to use that light. You might even be able to install the switch on the inner side of the hood if the lamp housing is mounted to the hood.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:20 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

The under hood light...WOW did I ever misread that sentence.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 PM
t-dat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all,
Alloro you did miss read but your help on the cooler line is much appreciated it took me about two hours to get it stop.
M.A.R thanks for the switch advice i would not have thought that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 96 transmission cooler line replacement and some odds and ends