1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

How to disconnect fuel lines from fuel rail?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 02:09 PM
DaveBilik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disconnect fuel lines from fuel rail?

I have a '93 Dakota with a 5.2L V8. I recently disconnected the fuel lines from the fuel rail and I broke the black clips where the lines snap on to the rail. I didn't think it was a big deal as I figured I could easily purchase more... not the case. I checked all the stores and then the dealer with no luck. The dealer said those fuel lines have been discontinued so I went to the junk yard and found them. However I tool the whole fuel rail as I was unable to disconnect them on site. it seem the tool I have for removing fuel lines won't fit in the clip, only one side will and I don't want to break my last clip. Any tips for removing this part?

Thanks

Old 10-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You need a special tool. Like this one http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...&brandName=OEM

Old 10-27-2009, 02:33 PM
DaveBilik

Ok, I figured out my problem... I didnt realize there is no tool for this type of connector and that it is removable by hand by suppressing the clip into the fitting and pulling it off the rail.

BUT, my new problem is that I broke the old clips the manual says to replace the whole line and not to try to replace just the clip but the whole line is discontinued at the dealer! Can I still get the clip out? or can I cut my gas line and splice the whole fitting onto it?

Old 02-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Hemi-power

If anyone can help.....I'm trying to disconnect my fuel lines and can't seem to doi it what tool do I need to remove it if I need a tool or what

Old 02-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemi-power
If anyone can help.....I'm trying to disconnect my fuel lines and can't seem to doi it what tool do I need to remove it if I need a tool or what
You might be better off starting a new thread for your question, since this one is pretty old. And the more information you can give (like what year, which engine, which fuel line, etc.), the better your answers will be.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: How to disconnect fuel lines from fuel rail?