Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

How to check trans fluid in 08 caravan,3.8L

Old 10-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Houndog101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to check trans fluid in 08 caravan,3.8L

Its says dealer only,, what B/S.. I want to check the trans fluid, anyone know how to ??
Thanks, Ted O.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM
shelbydaytona
Banned

theres some stupid plug. i swear gm engineers went to chyrsler with the crappy 2.7 and the 08 trans and no dipstick just like the late 90's gm cars started like on the impala, grand am etc wtf is up with that. lifetime fill they say so you dont service it sounds like they want em to blow up so you buy another. aint that called planned obsolecence? i see that a drb and a special tool 9336 are required to check fluid level wtf is up with that one? this is the graph showing fluid level vs temp using drb to check level. remind me to never buy on of these the more i see about them the more i dislike the new and improved technology

Old 10-05-2009, 09:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Ted
You can buy the tool from the dealer, thru miller tools or you can go to the miller tool web site.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Houndog101
Smile

Originally Posted by master tech
Ted
You can buy the tool from the dealer, thru miller tools or you can go to the miller tool web site.
Thanks master Tech... will do... Ted O.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 AM
shelbydaytona
Banned

sorry, i didnt realize my info was useless. i got it right off shopkey

Old 10-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Houndog101
Question

Originally Posted by shelbydaytona
theres some stupid plug. i swear gm engineers went to chyrsler with the crappy 2.7 and the 08 trans and no dipstick just like the late 90's gm cars started like on the impala, grand am etc wtf is up with that. lifetime fill they say so you dont service it sounds like they want em to blow up so you buy another. aint that called planned obsolecence? i see that a drb and a special tool 9336 are required to check fluid level wtf is up with that one? this is the graph showing fluid level vs temp using drb to check level. remind me to never buy on of these the more i see about them the more i dislike the new and improved technology

Don't see the graph .. And $50 for a dipstick.. What I need to know is , if I put a coat hanger in the hole ,how far down should I touch fluid from the top of the tube ? Thanks, Ted O.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to check trans fluid in 08 caravan,3.8L