3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

How to disable auto locks

Old 06-09-2009, 03:47 PM
huttler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disable auto locks

Does anyone know how to diable the auto lock feature? I did a search, but what I found doesn't work (turn ignition on/off 4 times, push the drivers side lock button within 30 sec).

Old 06-10-2009, 05:57 PM
VA Dakota
Rookie

Originally Posted by huttler
Does anyone know how to diable the auto lock feature? I did a search, but what I found doesn't work (turn ignition on/off 4 times, push the drivers side lock button within 30 sec).

This info was taken from the 2006 Owners Manual, page 17 and it is still the same for the 2008/2009 page 30. It does work....

Automatic Door Locks
If this feature is enabled, your door locks will lock automatically when the vehicle’s speed exceeds 15 mph (24 km/h).
This feature is enabled when your vehicle is shipped from the assembly plant and can be disabled by using the following procedure:
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten your seat belt (fastening the seat belt will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this programming procedure).
3. Place the key into the ignition.
4. Within 10 seconds, cycle the key from the LOCK position to the ON position and back to LOCK position a minimum of four times; ending in the LOCK position (do not start the engine)
5. Within 30 seconds, press the driver’s door lock switch in the LOCK direction.
6. A single chime will be heard to indicate the feature has been disabled.
7. To re-activate this feature, repeat the above steps.
8. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the above procedure.

Last edited by VA Dakota; 06-10-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 PM
huttler

Thanks, it worked!

The seat belt was the key, because I kept waiting for it to quit chiming.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:59 PM
VA Dakota
Rookie

Originally Posted by huttler
Thanks, it worked!

The seat belt was the key, because I kept waiting for it to quit chiming.
Glad it worked this time, sometimes, it just a little things we miss ... LOL

Old 03-13-2018, 10:54 PM
Randall Burkiett
Default 2004 dodge caravan needs to be disabled

Originally Posted by VA Dakota
This info was taken from the 2006 Owners Manual, page 17 and it is still the same for the 2008/2009 page 30. It does work....

Automatic Door Locks
If this feature is enabled, your door locks will lock automatically when the vehicle’s speed exceeds 15 mph (24 km/h).
This feature is enabled when your vehicle is shipped from the assembly plant and can be disabled by using the following procedure:
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten your seat belt (fastening the seat belt will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this programming procedure).
3. Place the key into the ignition.
4. Within 10 seconds, cycle the key from the LOCK position to the ON position and back to LOCK position a minimum of four times; ending in the LOCK position (do not start the engine)
5. Within 30 seconds, press the driver’s door lock switch in the LOCK direction.
6. A single chime will be heard to indicate the feature has been disabled.
7. To re-activate this feature, repeat the above steps.
8. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the above procedure.

My 04 dodge caravan had the battery replaced a few weeks ago. I just road in it today and we noticed the doors are locking them self's now. Also noticed the fob and lock switches will not lock and unlock the doors now. I'm sure the auto locks where disabled before battery change. I'm handicapped and the van is a handicap van so the doors are left open while engine is running while I load & unload so that feature was disabled before. The switches & fob have me stumped. Any Ideas?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to disable auto locks