2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm not a tow truck.. but I can pull you out!

Old 12-07-2008, 01:08 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool I'm not a tow truck.. but I can pull you out!

So... we had a few inches of the white stuff here in ohio this evening... and to no surprise.. people forget how to drive. I rolled up on some lady that managed to drive her grand prix into the ditch.. the left side tires where off the ground and the car was sitting on the right side! she couldn't get out.. i asked if she was alright and offered to try and tow her out.. she said sure... so i wrapped a chain around her left rear A-arm and gave it a yank.. (only "solid" place I could hook) ended up dragging her bacvkwards about 35ft... the county can thank me for cleaning their ditch! I ended up pulling her side ways out of the ditch... she thanked me with $25 bucks.. i was glad i didn't damage her car!

anyways..I'm sure someone out there has done this before and I want to hear if there are any people that DID cause some damage and what did you do about it?!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:22 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 12-07-2008, 07:38 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I grew up in upstate N.Y. and have had a 4x4 truck or SUV of one kind of another since before I was old enough to have a drivers license. I've pulled many a car out of ditches and snowbanks up there before I moved south. Thought I was done with that stuff since there's no snow down here, but I was wrong. I've pulled as many or more out of ditches and sandbars, etc. down here.
Luckily to date, the worst I've done is break a few tow straps...

Old 12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
rango726
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i usually tell the people that ill pull ya out but im not responsible if anything is damaged so its your discression. ive still never had anyone tell me no never mind. i also towed for several years and know where to hook up on vehicles to avoid tearing off bumpers etc. and that vid is hilariouse.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:01 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It is funny as he ll ! It looks like from the driver of the pickup, the thing to do if you damage someones car is to laugh! LOL

Old 12-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Jimmeh
Professional

I had to be rescued yesterday. Hit some slush, which sucked me off the road, threw a fence, and into a field. No four wheel drive and bald tires got me stuck in 1 1/2 inches of snow. So, I called my dad, and he pulled me out with his Tundra. We both were not happy.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:16 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

holy crap. that was freakin hilarious. watched it 3 times.lmao

Old 12-07-2008, 11:17 AM
jmhai
Veteran

I bet the guy who owns the fence is not to pleased either....his cows and horses can get out now...

Old 12-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Jimmeh
Professional

Originally Posted by jmhai
I bet the guy who owns the fence is not to pleased either....his cows and horses can get out now...
Actually, it's a hay field.

And for the record, I did go to the nearest house. There was a man outside, and when I called for him, he looked at me and went inside his house as if he didn't want to talk. Knowing some of the people around these parts, I decided not to push the issue.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 AM
jmhai
Veteran

He could have been going to get his shotgun...LOL... If iwhitne was with you he could have called him a p**** and killed him with his bare hands.... jk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm not a tow truck.. but I can pull you out!