Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!
Old 08-12-2015, 12:58 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

How do I program garage door opener in O/H console

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Ricster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I program garage door opener in O/H console

Hi. I have a 2002 Caravan Sport that I bought used and without an owners manual.

The overhead console has buttons that can be programmed to open up to 3 garage doors. Can anyone tell me how I go about programming these?

Thanks.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.homelink.com/programming/...ysler&ohc=cmtc

1. Press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons, and release only when the indicator lights (two dots below House Symbol) begin to flash (after 20 seconds). Do not hold the buttons for longer than 30 seconds and do not repeat step one to program a second and/or third hand-held transmitter to the remaining two HomeLink buttons.
2. Position the end of your hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches (3-8 cm) away from the HomeLink buttons while keeping the indicator light (dots below House Symbol) in view.

3. Simultaneously press and hold both the HomeLink button that you want to train and the hand-held transmitter button. Do not release the buttons until step 4 has been completed.

Note: Some garage door openers may require you to replace step 3 with the “cycling” procedure noted in the “View Canadian Instructions” section.

4. The HomeLink indicator light (dots below House Symbol) will flash slowly and then rapidly after HomeLink successfully receives the frequency signal from the hand-held transmitter. Release both buttons after the indicator light changes from the slow to the rapid flash.

5. Press and hold the just trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light. If the indicator light stays on constantly, programming is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.

NOTE: To program the remaining two HomeLink buttons, begin with "Programming" step two. Do not repeat step one.

If the indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds and then turns to a constant light, continue with steps 6-8 to complete the programming of a rolling code equipped device.
6. At the garage door opener receiver (motor-head unit) in the garage, locate the "learn" or "smart" button. This can usually be found where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the motor-head unit.

7. Firmly press and release the "learn" or "smart" button. (The name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer.)
NOTE: There are 30 seconds in which to initiate step eight.

8. Return to the vehicle and firmly press, hold for two seconds and release the programmed HomeLink button. Repeat the "press/hold/release" sequence a second time, and, depending on the brand of the garage door opener (or other rolling code equipped device), repeat this sequence a third time to complete the programming. HomeLink should now activate your rolling code equipped device.

HomeLink should now activate your device.

I'm surprised how many people don't know their vehicle has this option.
I used to see all the time cars with "homelink" and multiple garage door openers on the visor.

The Homelink transmitters have great range

Good luck

Old 10-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Ricster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info and link, Rabbler. Exactly what I was looking for. I'll give it a try when I get to my van.

I'm guilty of having a remote attached to my visor also even though I was aware of the HomeLink buttons (didn't know it was called that though). I just never thought to post the question on this site until now.

Anyway, thanks again. Very much appreciated!

Quick Reply: How do I program garage door opener in O/H console