2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2000 neon Fuse warning on odometer display

Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 PM
reptilerescueca
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 neon Fuse warning on odometer display

I have a 2000 neon. When I start the car I get an alarm bell and where the odometer display is it says fuse then flashes my odometer reading. This happens a couple of times and then goes away. Does anyone know which fuse causes this warning???

The dealerships service departments by me are idiots because they didnt even know that it even could flash fuse... they say if it runs, leave it alone!!!

I have checked the fuses in the drivers side panel by the door, and also checked the visable fuses in the engine compartment and all look fine. Some could stand to have the contacts cleaned I guess...???
This just started after I had the headliner redone, if that is any help but I doubt it is the cause.
The car has 86000 miles.
help...
Sheryl

Old 05-07-2008, 06:54 PM
neon riders
Default RE: 2000 neon Fuse warning on odometer display

yeah i have a 2000 dodge neon es and i had a preformance muffler put on and after that i wondered the same thing untill i called a mecanic and he said that it was the oil sending unit had a short but cycle your motor with out starting it on,off,on,off on and it should tell you the code like p 1684 and then u can just look it up on yahoo under 2000 dodge neon code

Old 05-21-2008, 11:21 PM
samviluong

Check your interior overhead light or the wire run to it. I installed one of those overhead console from a 94 caravan in my 2000 Neon. On the overhead console i could turn off my overhead light without using the switch on the signal lever. But if I turn off the light from the overhead console, the fuse warning will show up just like your. If I turn off the light from the lever, there is no problem at all.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:47 PM
superdan
Rookie

my 03 neon does the same thing...all fuses are fine both in the engine compartment and in the side of the dash...i sanded the black off the contacts of the fuses and it still does it...the over head light may be the answer b/c i dont have a light hooked up in mine...lol i posted about this a while back and got no answers

(also i didnt pay much attention if it did it before i was messing around with spliceing wires for a new head unit, could that be it? )

Old 05-22-2008, 12:11 AM
samviluong

I ran my power from the sunroof fuse from the side of the dashboard for my temperature display and my light from the wire of theold light that I took out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 neon Fuse warning on odometer display