3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

programing duplicate key help

Old 04-20-2008, 12:36 PM
mikem74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default programing duplicate key help

Hello all. Great forum!

I have a 2008 1500 w/ the transponder key. I am trying to program a spare key...i lost one of my factory ones. I cannot get this thing programed and i dont want to pay the dealer. The owners man. instructions assume you have 2 keys. Any advice on how to program if i dont have 2 "good keys"?Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
navyplt182
Default RE: programing duplicate key help

I don't think it's possible to do it yourself without the second key. I think the dealership is your only option unfortunately. Buy an extra one and have them program two so that you can program any other keys you need to if you lose one again.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:30 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this justthe remote key or is it a "sentry key"?

Old 04-20-2008, 03:29 PM
synrgy

Just went through this myself. You have to have two working keys in order to program others yourself. Calling different dealers for the price to program got me quotes ranging from $50 to $80 each and thats just to program them and doesn't include the key itself.
There are some locksmiths that are able to do it so you might try calling around.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:23 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

seriously, talk about bringing back a dinosaur, this guy had this post and that was it, you come 6 months later, with 3 post to you name talking about emailing his VIN year make model to you.

Sounds like a scam

Old 11-26-2008, 12:23 AM
BigPhil

I called a few local locksmiths and they were about half price compared to the dealer.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by truckremote_
Hi

Most remotes can be programmed manually; however some must be programmed by a dealer or automotive locksmith in your area.
Please email us with your VIN# and also just in case the year, make and model of your vehicle (it is easy to make a mistake in the VIN #)
Base on this information we will determine for you if you can program the remote yourself.

We offer a wide selection of original manufacturer keyless entry remotes (RKE, fobs) at discount prices. In most cases you can also program the remote yourself with our easy to follow programming instructions. Please visit our website at
http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/

If you have any questions or have any specific inquiries about your remote system please contact us at customercare@carandtruckremotes.com including year, make and model of your vehicle.

You can also view our FAQ page for answers to common questions. Link below
http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/faq.html

Best Regards

Customer Care
http://www.carandtruckremotes.com
http://www.newkeylessremotes.com
http://www.keylessentrystore.com
If you are gullable enough to fall for this, then you might as well throw in all of your credit card numbers in too, and post it on here we all need $ for mods.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:47 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeySportRam
seriously, talk about bringing back a dinosaur, this guy had this post and that was it, you come 6 months later, with 3 post to you name talking about emailing his VIN year make model to you.

Sounds like a scam
WOW, good grab. I'm good at pickin these out, but it didn't click until you said it. Maybe I'm just tired, it is 3am...hehe
Definately a scam. Why would they need your year make and model. All of that is in the vin and besides, what difference does it make what the vin is?
I bought my key off ebay uncut for $25 because I wanted the Ram logo. The basic one's were $8.

Def. an old post brought from the dead. This guy should be banned for crazy attempt like this. If it were legit, he wouldn't ask for the guys info and broadcast everything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: programing duplicate key help