Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 stratus es v6 auto transmission solenoid leak

Old 04-01-2008, 08:45 PM
ratsttam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 stratus es v6 auto transmission solenoid leak

I hope somebody has some information about this. I have a 2000 stratus ES. (142,000mi) and has just recently developed a transmission fluid leak from around the base of the trans-solinoid (spelling?). The gasket was easy enough to pull out, however the part that I recieved from the dealer (part identified via VIN#). The gasket I took out is a single cork board, the one arrived from the dealer as 3 pieces. Two gaskets and a metal plate. The gaskets fit perfecty to the space, however the ports in the gaskets and the metal plate don't line up with the origional gasket. Is this a new design that I should go ahead and install it, or was I given gaskets that "fit" but aren't for my exact model.

I regret that I do not have pictures of the differing gaskets. I can get the part number of the new gasket set if needed.

Background information: Car went into "Limp Home" in the early evening (wednesday), got it home (10mi), and let it sit until saturday. Noticed then that there was a small ammount of trans fluid under car. traced leak to transmission solinoid control on top of transmission directly below the coolent hose and to the front of the transmission dipstick hose.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:13 AM
ratsttam
Captain
Default RE: 2000 stratus es v6 auto transmission solenoid leak

OK. The local Dodge dealer got back to me yesturday afternoon. The part I had recieved was NOT the correct part. The coulden't tell me what it was actually for though, but they are now searching again for the correct gasket. This is very frustrating simply because this is my work car (I deliver Pizza), and greatly prefer not to have to drive my wife's car for that.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:06 AM
ratsttam
Captain
Default RE: 2000 stratus es v6 auto transmission solenoid leak

Well,
new gasket is in. the leak is goine, fluid levels are where they are supposed to be. still in limp mode. any other sudgestions at what I should be looking for?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 stratus es v6 auto transmission solenoid leak