Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2003 Dodge Stratus R/T Key Immobilizer Security System

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Chris88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T Key Immobilizer Security System

Hello,

My name is chris an owner of 2003 Stratus R/T, I recently had the misfortune ofbreakingthe only key to my car. Because of the Key Immobilizer security system I had my car towed to the local dodge dealer to have my car programed for a new key. They were able to cut me a new key, however they were unable to program the new key. The tech called the support line and was suggested the "Immobilizer Security System" might need to be replaced ($600 dollar repair, Ouch!.)

I have never had any problem with anything mechanical or electrical with the car, so I really don't think there is anything wrong "ISS." Could the dealer be making a mistake? Is there any other options I can look into for solving the problem.

P.S. There is a TSB # 0800303A Which involves the ISS, But I'm not sure if it's for the R/T model, or what the exact problem it referrs to.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher

Old 09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
nate_0022
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T Key Immobilizer Security System

The dealer should have a key that is programed already and just needs to be cut? I locked myself out of my car and the dealer told me it would be $60 for a new key that was programmed.

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T Key Immobilizer Security System