2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Heater control valve

Old 05-13-2007, 04:20 PM
densher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater control valve

I have a 2000 Dakota w/4.7 V8. Where is the heater control valve? Does it have one? If not, how is heat controlled into he cab? In other words, what happens when the temp controller is turned toward hot?

Old 05-13-2007, 11:26 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Default RE: Heater control valve

should get hot i think its a valve but im realy not sure... keepin the post alive here

Old 05-14-2007, 12:38 AM
densher

I know it SHOULD GET HOT. I am obviously asking 'cause it ISN'T getting hot. In other cars that I worked on, there was such a thing as a heater control valve that would regulate the amount of hot water going into the heater core. The Dakota (and other trucks) don't seem to have that (or at least I can't find it). So that's what I want to know. HOW DOES THE TEMP CONTROLLER ON THE DASH MAKE THE HOT AIR COME OUT?

Old 05-14-2007, 02:52 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a heater core behind the dash on the passanger side, heated coolant is what makes it hot. Ive never worked on one, but after talking to people, that it whats seems to make since, i poped my heater core and coolent leaked everywhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heater control valve