Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan - tailgate unlatched message and interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 08:53 AM
eaglescanfly
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan - tailgate unlatched message and interior lights

Hey is there any mechanics on here that can help with a 2009 dodge caravan issue.

I was in the van with my mom driving home down the highway. When about 30 minutes outside where we were driving from we had an interesting ride. All interior lights came on with the van chiming saying the tailgate was unlatched and then we got lose of power in gas pedal. Which made it unsafe on the road cause the interior lights made it hard to drive with. So when we got home last night the van wouldn't turn the lights off so I pulled the battery and this morning that message is still there with the lights on. The 2009 dodge caravan is now parked permantely till dealership opens and battery pulled. It all started with a keyless issue and the dealership kept changing the remotes when i believe it's a pcm issue for the past 6 months. Or it can be just multiple issues too.

Has anyone on here seen this issue?

Old 12-26-2011, 11:27 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I have seen something like this before. It ended up being a total bus system failure. You would need the dealer for this problem.

Quick Reply: 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan - tailgate unlatched message and interior lights