1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 Durango AC leak at manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 12:32 PM
Tucsontechie
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Durango AC leak at manifold

Hey guys, i hope this isnt a repeat but i didnt see it anywhere in the old stuff.
2000 D with 4.7 developed a leak between the compressor and the manifold (2 lines bolted to the compressor). This happened 2 years ago so rhe other day i installed a new desiccant canister and replaced the manifold line. Wouldn’t you know its still leaking from the same location, only worse now. Im beating my head on the wall here. Is there an oversized seal for this location or some other known fix im missing?
i have the ac charge manifold and vacuum pump etc to charge it correctly if i can fix this. The compressor still works great, id hare to drop $230 for a new one when a better seal would fix it.
PLEASE HELP! Tia

Last edited by Tucsontechie; 04-15-2024 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:00 PM
Tucsontechie
Amateur

Originally Posted by Tucsontechie
Hey guys, i hope this isnt a repeat but i didnt see it anywhere in the old stuff.
2000 D with 4.7 developed a leak between the compressor and the manifold (2 lines bolted to the compressor). This happened 2 years ago so rhe other day i installed a new desiccant canister and replaced the manifold line. Wouldn’t you know its still leaking from the same location, only worse now. Im beating my head on the wall here. Is there an oversized seal for this location or some other known fix im missing?
i have the ac charge manifold and vacuum pump etc to charge it correctly if i can fix this.
PLEASE HELP! Tia
anybody at all??? I came back to check if this posted or not. Figured someone would have said something by now if it was posted correctly.

Old 04-16-2024, 11:36 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,185 Likes on 2,938 Posts

You are in the right spot.....

Did you put a little oil on the o-rings before installation? Keep in mind, the a/c system operates under some serious pressure, and even the slightest nick in the o-ring will cause a leak.

Old 04-17-2024, 04:18 AM
Tucsontechie
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
You are in the right spot.....

Did you put a little oil on the o-rings before installation? Keep in mind, the a/c system operates under some serious pressure, and even the slightest nick in the o-ring will cause a leak.
this vehicle doesnt have regular o-ring seals at the compressor. It has aluminum with the thinnest little rubber wiper. In my opinion its the dumbest “seal” ive seen in a AC setup.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:31 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Not familiar with those, can you post a pic?

Old 04-17-2024, 01:13 PM
Tucsontechie
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Not familiar with those, can you post a pic?
basically like the ones GM used as well. These little useless things.

Old 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Ah, I remember those.

If the ones you are getting are aftermarket, they may not be thick enough. They can't be real hideously expensive at the dealer... though, refrigerant ain't cheap.....

Quick Reply: 2000 Durango AC leak at manifold